Fall Prevention Awareness Week: Nov 3-9 2014
- Improve mobility and fitness
- Follow the Canadian Guidelines for calcium and vitamin D
- Have regular vision check-ups
- Review medications with a doctor or pharmacist
- Reduce trip and slip hazards
If you are having mobility issues or are concerned about a potential fall, consider working with a professional to develop a prevention strategy.
Physiotherapists can help reduce the fall risk for patients by identifying and discussing fall risk factors. This may include assessment of balance and gait, along with an exercise plan tailored to individual needs.