In House Physio, Occupational & Kinesiology Therapy Services, Rehabilitation Assistance
Chipperfield Physiotherapy uses a client-centred approach in our practice, taking the time to listen to you and tailoring our custom treatment programs to suit your needs. We are a team of experts in physiotherapy, occupational therapy, kinesiology and rehabilitation assistance. With extensive experience in both the private and public health care sectors, we treat a wide age range, from babies to seniors. No doctor’s referral is required. Find Your Therapist
In Home Physio and Rehabilitation
We treat a wide range of conditions that impact mobility and physical health. We have a particular interest in neuromuscular and orthopedic rehabilitation including:
- Pediatric Torticollis and Plagiocephaly
- Stroke Recovery
- Head and neck injury
- Joint replacement
- Fractures, Sprains, and Strains
- Tendon and ligament repairs
- Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Sports Injuries
- Chronic pain and fibromyalgia
- Falls Prevention
- De-conditioning post hospital stay
- Cardio-Respiratory conditions
Each member of the Chipperfield Physio team is an experienced professional with advanced training in several of the above areas. You’ll work with the therapist who specializes in treating your particular condition, at a time and location that best suits you.
"About a month ago I had my first appointment with Kate from Chipperfield Physio. She was welcoming, funny, engaging and most importantly very helpful. I had ruptured my bursa in my right knee and it has been several months since I was able to go back to sports. I was seeing another physiotherapist twice a week and seeing no results. Kate insisted that once every 2 weeks would suffice and with her help and expertise after 2 sessions my knee has been healed and I can finally get back to playing hockey again! Thanks to Kate and to Justin for recommending her." Tristan Jones Behind The Mask Goaltending Development www.behindthemask.ca
Treatment and Techniques
Physiotherapy techniques vary based on individual patient needs – your therapist will work with you to understand your condition and implement a treatment plan. Initial appointments with Chipperfield Physiotherapy are approximately 60 minutes and will generally include:
- Assessment – Gathering information on your medical condition or injury, understanding patient background as it relates to treatment, and hands-on analysis
- On-Site Treatment – Specific to your condition or injury. May include manual therapy, theraputic ultrasound, TENS, and/or Muscle Stimulation, heat or ice application
- Tailored Exercise Plan – Specific stretching and strengthening exercises may be prescribed to correct muscle imbalances that lead to injury or excessive wear and tear on your joints. One-on-one instruction and correction of your technique is a key aspect of our service.
- Client Education – Educating you, the client, on how to manage your current injury or disability is a top priority. We listen, and take the time to explain the steps required for you to make the best possible recovery you can. Be sure to check out our Resources section.
- Follow Up – Based on client preference and recommendations of your therapist, a follow up appointment will be booked to progress treatment. These appointments will vary in frequency depending on client goals and treatment plan, and can be from several times a week to once or twice a month as needed
Contact Chipperfield Physiotherapy with questions or to set up an appointment.